Sundays are reserved for cleaning and tidying up and when I was doing that I chanced upon a diary from 2015. A quick glance landed me on the page for 25th April 2015. The words written on it tugged at my heart strings…
“So it begins.. we are pregnant”
This was the day in 2015, when our lab technician called me to tell me about the HcG blood test report we did. I didn’t understand the values she rattled off and asked her what does it mean.. and I still remember her little laugh and her saying “Congratulations!” (oops, I’m have a lump in my throat here.)
It got me reminiscing about that beautiful year in my life. After a lot of bad years, missed chances, depression, failures & tears, and almost giving up, we had 2015. The year of our pregnancy!
I enjoyed my pregnancy so so much, that I was sad that babyT had to come out. Of course, I couldn’t have waited any longer to have in my arms. Bu tI did get thinking about those days and what I miss about being pregnant.
- All the pampering you get from mom & MIL
- All the kind looks you get when you are in any public place
- Feeling baby move inside you
- Preparing for baby’s arrival – Shopping!!
- The mystery – Not knowing who will arrive
But hey wait a minute this is MY LIST. So let me not make it generic. And let me tell you what about what I miss about being pregnant
- My husband treating me like a Queen – The way husbands turn all mushy and concerned and cautious during pregnancy almost overnight is unbelievable. And I reveled in it. Here is how mine welcomed me home after a brief stay at my mom’s in the first trimester. It was more so because we had gone to these private classes with our local doctor which were called, ‘let’s help you become pregnant‘. Which we found helped us out a lot as it was catered for us.
There were flowers everywhere guys. And I have even saved some dry flowers in the baby memory box. <3
- Luscious hair – I have frizzy, curly hair. But oh my hair during pregnancy. So luscious, thick, soft curls. I fell in love with my hair for the first time during my pregnancy. I did not know it then that I would be losing it all soon. haha the irony of it. But it was beautiful while it lasted.
- All the Sunday morning breakfast dates hubby took me to – I looked forward to Sunday mornings because we would go to my favourite cafe Suzette . Its a quaint, tiny place which serves a lovely mix of French crepes, eggs to order and other sandwiches. And the Butter Croissant is to die for. It is no wonder that any trip to Suzette now reminds me of how much I miss being pregnant.
Sadly we never took a pic on one of these dates. Our pic from breakfasting at the Taj Mahal Hotel on our staycation will have to do. 🙂
- Feeling great about my body & clicking lots of pics – Clicking pics every week and then every month and adding that to a safe place to cherish and look back on was one of the best things we did. It was like a mini project and it was only best replaced with taking pics of babyT on his monthly birthdays till he turned 1. 🙂
So although I had no real cravings, my weird craving for lipsticks, which you absolutely must read about here won and we clicked tons of bump pics. Being in front of the camera rather than behind it now, is definitely one of the biggest things I miss about being pregnant.
- Being the centre of attention – Birthday’s, religious days, anniversaries I was made to feel a bit more special, because babyT was inside me. Showers of gifts who doesn’t love that. 🙂 It is so important I think to give a pregnant woman gifts which will help her pamper herself (read bath and body products) and make her feel like a Queen. I wish there were enough companies out there that made stuff for Moms like the Moms Co. I recently received a few of their products for review and do watch out for that one.
Sigh, now that I have written this post I can almost feel those days again and I am rubbing my hand on my tummy. Or wait, maybe I’m just hungry again! 😀
What do you miss about being pregnant? Leave me a comment I’d love to hear it.